3. THE STRUCTURE OF THE SEMINAR
- The Seminar will host Plenary Lectures,
Round Tables, Panel Sessions and Workshops.
- The Plenary Lectures and Round Tables will offer
overviews of the topics that will be discussed in detail in the
Workshops. A final document will be written and approved (see Outcomes).
- The Panel Sessions are amongst the earliest of
the Seminar’s activities. Their function is to survey all
the accepted contributions, in parallel sessions according to topic,.They
will provide selected materials for the Workshop activities that
- The Workshops are the core of the Seminar and
they determine its outcomes.
- They will benefit from the Plenary Lectures and
from the contributions of the participants. The leader of each
Workshop will choosefrom the contributions presented to the Seminar
the ones whichs/he considers most relevant to the Workshop s/he
In each Workshop the discussion will be in five parts:
- a general overview of the topic;
- a preliminary discussion of the most important
- a more thorough discussion into specific aspects
and possible solutions of the problem;
- a general summary;
- and, finally, a discussion on the contribution
of the Workshop to the outcomes of the Seminar